Day 3 was sacraficed to Dongguan, so onto Day 4!
After school Trav and I headed to see the 10,000 Buddha's Monastery. Instead of walking up the touristed path we walked through the village. I took him to some of my favorite enclaves.
We got him to try cow stomach and coagulated blood. He is really loving the cow stomach here..
Here John is teaching Trav to massage the Phi Phi in order to break it's shell off to eat. Everytime I did it the Phi Phi's back broke and I had to pick at it.
Next was my turn for some new foods (not always easy to come by anymore). Chicken testicles.. I was a little disturbed by the smell but I popped it in my mouth. To my great surprise a cooked "only boys have it" (as John continually referred to it as) is much like a balloon and when you bite it it pops in your mouth. This was my first reaction to that sensation:
Otherwise though it just has a strong chicken flavor.
I don't know what night this goes with..BUT we made a visit to Temple Street Night Market and grabbed Trav some cool rock souvenirs.




No comments:
Post a Comment