Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Floor Dinner!

Last night we had a hall dinner. All the girls from the floor wandered over to Kowloon City for Thai food (apparently this area is where a lot of Thai people live and work) and some yummy desserts at a local dessert bar (more on that later..)

Blogger is tricky technology and so these pictures are in reverse order. So last things first..dessert!

Here's a spread of nom-noms (like that one trav?):
I ordered fried mango ice cream, which unfortunately melted far before I got to it. Ah, it's a hard, hard life.
While we waited for dessert, the girls taught me lots of hand games. This one is Bing, Bang, Wah and I am just miserable at it. In the spirit of cultural exchange, I showed them slaps.
Here is a photograph of the thai place we went to. It was like a giant cafeteria with thai food stalls on the outside and tables in the center. I am absolutely unsure of how one orders or obtains food. But regardless, we ate and it was yummy. It felt really familiar, which was kind of nice after 3 weeks of brand new foods. Isn't that funny? The thai food is familiar?

Here's me and some of my floormates:
They are baffled by my lack of "fingers." They asked: "How do you pose!" To which I lamely answered: "Uh, we just smile, I think. Do you know random face game?!" And for those of you wondering...yes, they do. People the world over recognize the merits of the art of random face.

4 comments:

  1. I've always been baffled by your lack of fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! looks like random face game is universal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah haha i love the fingers!
    nom noms look nomalicious. i wanna try fried mango ice cream! cant wait to be there.
    love you face!

    ReplyDelete